Caribbean Spotlight: Turks and Caicos!
You’re probably one of the very few people wondering about the top reasons to visit Turks and Caicos Islands. After all, there are more popular places to see in the Caribbean, but, that’s what part of the allure of Turks and Caicos is. The beautiful archipelago is an overseas territory of the United Kingdom, but is much closer to North America. If you live in the U.S, it’s only a short flight from the southeastern United States. Here are 7 reasons to check out Turks and Caicos!
1. Turks and Caicos is a short trip from America. It’s only 550 miles from South Florida and a mere 90-minute plane ride from Miami. When looking for last minute vacation packages to the Caribbean, Turks and Caicos makes a great option.
2. The islands enjoy a tropical climate. It’s the hottest of all Caribbean nations with temperatures peaking in the mid-90s during summer. Temperatures are cooler in winter, but you can always look forward to cooling winds throughout the year.
3. The beaches. You wouldn’t go this far (or this close) for nothing. The islands have pristine white-sand beaches and crystal clear waters and they are among the top reasons to visit Turks and Caicos Islands. Besides swimming in the sea or just lying on the sand to enjoy the heat, you can go scuba diving and explore underwater marine life. Colorful reefs teeming with tropical fish surround the islands.
4. Flights come in regularly. American Airlines have frequent flights from Miami and New York, even in the summer months. US Airways offers flights to Turks and Caicos Islands from Boston, Charlotte, and Philadelphia. Air Canada also has direct flights from Montreal and Ottawa.
5. Use your U.S. dollar as it is. It is the official currency of the islands. So if you’re American or happen to have U.S. dollars in your possession, this means you no longer have to exchange your money for a different currency.
6. English is widely spoken in the archipelago. In fact, it’s their official language. Again this is another plus if you are fluent in English or have some knowledge of it.
7. It is the perfect getaway. The combination of sun, sand, and all other reasons mentioned above make it an ideal getaway for North Americans, whether you’re Canadian or a U.S. citizen. Indeed, this is one of the top reasons to visit Turks and Caicos Islands.